Quitters during claim
By - TheFatui
a lot more people as FT having been quitting as soon as they get killed as well . Either they’re so green that they don’t know reinforcements are a thing, or they’re just man babies and get pissed that they decided to run Recon with no Perks and died first
They're mostly green, ran into a ton of first time matches this week
Or they are already lvl150 and don't care about XP and just want to move on to the next match instead of waiting.
Alright. So still. Pieces of shit ruining the game for people who aren't leveled up.
So if you're level 150 and still play the game for fun, why would you even bother to play then? Do you only have fun when you get to "shit" on the Predator as a Fireteam member? Or do you have fun when you get "shat" on by the Predator? Like, it's so childish to leave the game if it doesn't pan out the way you want it to. No one is forcing you to play if you're at max level and there's no endgame content.
1. I don't quit matches, whether I win or lose.
2. I was speaking about other players I know who have told me why they quit out.
Don't get all upset.
This game has no endgame options for 150's, which constitutes as a decent chunk of playerbase. XP is useless, and you'll find a new match in 30 secs. Why do you want to wait 5+ mins before your squad gets wiped, or your team decides to reinforce? Aside from the possible Veritanium you have amassed during the match? OWLF tape?
Your a dick for ruining the game for the other player because you don't want to wait. I hope people start getting permabanned for that shit.
Why are you so pissed? Oh know you have to deal with mister lv 25 predator with three people.
That's not the problem. The problem is that these people are leaving mid kill so the Predator gets NO XP. That's bullshit. Same thing happened with Friday The 13th. These pieces of shit lose to the Predator and they rage quit so the Predator doesn't get to reap his winnings. That's selfish. If you leave the game early while being killed you should be locked out of joining a new game until that one is finished.
It won’t change sadly
I understand and see why it may be an issue for predators. I also understand that it may be unfair to them. However, I also understand why fireteam members leave as well. Many of them aren’t interested in seeing that animation nor do they want to watch some other member play while they wait for a chance to be revived. Same with the predator that watches the fireteam defend their body after being killed. They want to be part of the action instead of watching which is understandable. From the way I see it, both sides aren’t entitled to a player staying. Both sides have a right to leave for whatever reason they deem fit. However, it’d be good to remember that player username so to avoid it in the future. It may also be a good thing is the predator kept the xp and Vice versa.
What I'm leaning towards is letting the Predator get the XP they worked for when a Fireteam member quits during a skull claim, if a queue punishment cannot be implemented. It's quite unfair towards newer players who want to level up, grind to that level 100 for the Alpha and then level 150 for the Elder. I can understand why max level players quit and don't need the XP.
But it still irks a little bit when you're not at max level, when you don't have every shader, armor style, skin pattern, mask, weapon shader unlocked and people just leave.
Like I get the point of why some people leave but I think the Predator should get the XP anyway. Fireteam doesn't already get anything if they leave the game. Same goes for the Predator, if they leave the game. But claiming of skulls for the XP and Veritanium, that's a different thing.
Game starts, three minutes in, and Predator has downed you before you can react. Some FT builds have so little health and some Predator builds have so much "first strike" damage, that essentially bad lucks dooms you as a solo queue player.
So you're three minutes into the game, you've been claimed, and the timer says 84 seconds until reinforcements.
Ten seconds later, another FT member gets claimed. Yea, game's over. GG.
If you want players to stay until the bitter end, then the game needs to change to make that end less bitter. I'm not going to prolong queuing for the next match by seven minutes so you, the Predator, can have an audience to fap off on.
If you’re not level 150 yet don’t grind for XP, the game gets more boring
Friday The 13th has things called salt points, you get salt points if you quit a game as jason or the host, or just anything annoying, like if you leave the game early or teamkill. You get paired with people who have a simillar amount of salt points as you, so the good players are paired with each other, and the team killers, rage quitters, trolls and other annoying people are paired with each other. I think this would be good to add to every online game.
Does it really have that?
Clicking on [this](https://fridaythe13ththegame.fandom.com/wiki/Salt_Mines) made my mouth taste like salt. Apperentley if you have alot of salt points, you get sent to the "salt mines" where players with alot of salt points play together.
Fuck that. This game is nothing more than casual fun. Why would you want to force people to play when they clearly don't want to?
If they ragequit in Ft, they'll find a game in 30 secs. Nothing Wrong with that. If pred ragequits, he'll have to wait 6 min queue to find another game. Nothing wrong with that, either. If someone on your ft leaves, and you don't feel like you wanna keep playing, leave yourself, or just close the damn game.
I'm tired of games nowadays punishing people when they stop having fun; it only contributes to a toxic player base. People feel forced to play a game for the fear of being punished somehow and become more try-hard and more toxic in the process. This is a video-GAME. If it's not fun to play spectator simulator 2021, why should you be forced to?
1. I understand leaving the game when you get killed and claimed when you're at max level and have nothing to gain and don't want to watch how poorly others play.
2. Predator queue up times are upwards of 10 times longer than Fireteam queue up times. A fireteam member who quits the game simply because they got outplayed by a Predator can find a game quicker than the Predator can. The wait times can sometimes be ridiculously long.
3. If we want new players from Steam to stay and play, we cannot, just cannot let this kind of behavior be an example. Especially from players who have been playing since launch of 6 months ago. The playerbase will not increase if all the privileged level 150's can leave the match during a skull claim from a Predator who's not at the max level, yet. Just leaves a bad taste and a bad example.
4. Why the punishment system? Because you make a conscious decision to queue up. You decide to play. Whether it be solo or with a team, you still decide you want to play so why would you have the right to take away the XP and Veritanium from a growing player? Explain that to me. Of course when I see I'm up against an Elder, then it's a max level player. I still finish my game regardless. I'm not the type to rage quit or leave the match because it's not going my way. Lead by example, not because you get salty for getting your ass handed to you.
5. Have you tried or used the in-game voice chat? I've gone against Fireteams with matching names, tags, meaning it's a group/clan of Fireteam players who hunt the Predator. Do you know how toxic they get when they hunt down the Predator, kill it, disarm the bomb and teabag the corpse and say all of these petty things? Experience it for yourself and I'd like to see what you think. Move over to Steam or move over to Epic Games and start over, see how tough it actually is to grind up. It's not as easy as you'd think.
1. I'm 150 for 6 months on EPIC. I've done my fair share of grind. So what? Grinding should be fun. If its not for you, maybe take a break, play other games, or just buy the DLC.
2. So? If you, as a predator, claimed a ft member, and he DC's, you still get the XP from his claim. If Pred dc's with 100XP cause he got merked and tea bagged, its his choice; He's gonna be the one to wait another 6-10 min queue. If a pred dc's mid round, FT can farm the whole map and mop up a fair share of XP and veritanium, plus free progress for daily missions.
3. Do you think Steam playerbase cares about examples. They're not even taking this game seriously. Look at the steam charts. They're not even playing anymore. 92 steam players peaked 24 hrs ago.
4. Punishment system is a bad idea. Very few people like this game as it is; and let's face it, it's not the greatest game ever made. If you punish your playerbase for things like ragequitting, you're implying that this game is more serious than it really is. Spoiler alert: it's not.
6. Yes, PC Deathsquads are a thing. Why? Cause, cross play. Don't like the idea of being hunted down? Why? 2 main issues: horrible game balancing, and crossplay. Turn cross play off, or just don't play predator. Balancing will not change significantly in the foreseeable future
These are normal aspects of any game: game balancing, communty interaction, and playerbase engagement. Don't punish players for ragequitting; it's just a symptom that something in YOUR game is off.
And yes, this game is very fun, and most of the community is chill af. Having said that, there is a LOT of wrongs with this game.
2. The Predator DOES NOT get the XP from long claim when the Fireteam member quits the game. I'm level 145 on Epic Games and level 103 on Steam. I've seen it first hand. The problem lies in Fireteam quitting and queueing up again in 30 seconds, not the Predator quitting. Fireteam gets their XP by completing the mission and collecting VT, killing NPC's, sure they get more XP by shooting at the Predator but that's not the majority of their XP income.
3. Yes, Steam playerbase does care about examples. Look at the reviews on Steam. Most of them are positive but the negative reviews bring out the core problems of the game, which is either a max level Predator shitting on new players or solo queue being difficult. People leave reviews with less than 2 hours played and say they have refunded the game because of these issues.
4. Punishment system is not a bad idea. Why on Earth would you allow this kind of behavior when the game is difficult as it is? Is Dead by Daylight a serious game? No. Is it competitive? No. Does it have a punishment for people who leave or rage quit? Yes. Why? To make it fair on both sides, the killer and the survivors. P:HG and DbD have a lot of similarities when it comes to core gameplay mechanics, a 1v4 game, with an objective to complete and then to escape. If a Fireteam member quits early, it leaves the rest of the team handicapped, do you want that? Surely you don't want to. I'm sure you'll bring out an excuse like "Just play with your squad and problem solved.". Well I have news for you buddy, not everyone has a squad they can play with.
Are you stating in your 1. that I'm not having fun? I am having fun. I love taking on squads who are coordinated. I love taking on experienced players who know the meta. What do I see an issue in? Predator not getting the XP from when they long claim someone and that someone leaves the match mid-claim. Do you understand that? It does not give the Predator the XP. You, as a max level player, should know that by now. This level 150 privilege of "oh I'll just quit and move on to the next game, fuck these teammates and fuck the Predator, maybe my next game will be better" has to stop. It's the worst kind of excuse you can bring up and makes you look like the asshole you actually are. That's like saying "I'm in the top 1% rich people and I can get away with what I want by paying certain people a certain amount of money". **Privileged.** End it.
We agree to disagree. I'll keep quitting matches as soon as I don't want to keep playing anymore.
"That's like saying "I'm in the top 1% rich people and I can get away with what I want by paying certain people a certain amount of money". Privileged. End it." Nothing like it, but ok.
I don't care about XP, the problem is they abandom their teammates, a 3 member fireteam has no chance to defeat an average predator. And as a predator your hunt is ruined, because you don't want an easy win.
I’m max level and the overwhelming majority of matches I play, is over when I get claimed. Doesn’t matter if I’m the first or the last to get claimed, if I’m dead its lost. So instead of sitting there watching the three random ps players running around like headless chickens unable to kill ai, I just leave to escape that torture.