Is my mom right in saying that it's my fault that it hurt when she hit me on the head?
By - Hashtag96
**This is an automated message posted to ALL posts in this subreddit with some basic information about the group including (very importantly) rules. Why are you getting this message? Most people seem to not read the sidebar for information or the rules, so it is now being posted under all posts.**
**Confused about acronyms or terminology?** [Click here!](https://www.reddit.com/r/raisedbynarcissists/wiki/acronyms)
**Need info or resources?** Check out our [Helpful Links](https://www.reddit.com/r/raisedbynarcissists/wiki/helpfullinks) for information on how to deal with identify theft, how to get independent of your n-parents, how to apply for FAFSA, how to identify n-parents and SO MUCH MORE!
This is a reminder to all participants, RBN is a support group that is moderated very strictly. Please report inappropriate content so it can be reviewed by the mods.
**Our rules include (but are not limited to)**:
* No politics.
* Advising anyone in this subreddit to commit suicide or referring anyone to groups that advocate this will result in an immediate ban.
* Be nice. No personal attacks, name calling, or bullying. [No slurs](https://www.reddit.com/r/raisedbynarcissists/wiki/slurs) or victim-blaming.
* Do not derail the posts of others.
* Narcissists are NOT allowed to post or comment here.
* [No platitudes or generic motivational posts](https://www.reddit.com/r/raisedbynarcissists/wiki/rules#wiki_no_platitudes_or_generic_motivational_posts).
* When you comment/post, assume a context of abuse.
* No asking or offering gifts, money, etc.
* No content advocating violence, revenge, murder (even in jest).
* No content about N-kids.
* No diagnosis by media/drive-by diagnosis.
* No linking to Facebook pages.
* No direct linking to anywhere on reddit.
* No pure image posts.
**For a full list of our rules/more information, [**click here**](https://www.reddit.com/r/raisedbynarcissists/wiki/rules).**
*I am a bot, and this action was performed automatically. Please [contact the moderators of this subreddit](/message/compose/?to=/r/raisedbynarcissists) if you have any questions or concerns.*
Consent matters, even if it's for something as simple as a reenactment. She shouldn't have touched you without your permission, *especially* since you have a pain issue, and reenactments being a normal activity for her doesn't make it acceptable.
Side note - look into fibromyalgia, skin sensitivity and heightened pain perception are major symptoms. I grew up thinking I was a wuss because of experiences like yours and finding out this was a legitimate medical issue answered a lot of questions.
First of all, happy cake day!
I wanted to ask but didn't cos I thought it would be weird to post a medical question here. Thank you so much! I do think there's something wrong with me.
Fibro's very much a mixed bag so it's got a TON of related symptoms. Doing some research and joining some online support groups might help suss out whether or not what you're experiencing is fibro. If you have any questions, let me know, and I'll be happy to help (my medical care system knowledge is Canada-specific though).